MyCap Decision Tree
Are you interested in using MyCap for a project? Use the attached decision tree to help determine whether MyCap or another REDCap platform would be well-suited for your project.
MyCap: a flexible and configurable platform for mobilizing the participant voice provides an overview of the MyCap platform, our development process, utilization metrics, and use case summaries from a range of institutions. Click below to read the paper and make sure to cite us if you are writing up your use case!
MyCap Overview Materials
- MyCap One-Pager – This brief one-pager includes information about MyCap’s core features, best instances to utilize MyCap, and examples of how MyCap has previously been used.
- MyCap Overview Slides – Learn about the basic purpose, workflow, and Android versus iOS capabilities of MyCap.
- MyCap Overview Video- Watch this video to learn about the MyCap Mobile App and when to use it (~4 min).
- MyCap Feature Grid- Check out this resource to learn which features are available for MyCap Classic versus MyCap (released September 2023).
Manuals, Quick Guides (QG), & Other Materials
In November 2022, the MyCap External Module (EM) was integrated into the REDCap core code (REDCap version 13.0). MyCap features and functionality are the same, but the user interface differs depending whether you are using the EM or REDCap to configure MyCap for your project.
To determine the version of REDCap available at your institution, look in the bottom right corner of any REDCap.
Install MyCap for Android v7
MyCap v1.9.0 increased the minimum version of Android to 8.0. If you need to run MyCap on an older version of Android you will need to install MyCap v1.8.1.
- On your Android device, go to Settings
- Tap Security
- Under Device administration, toggle Unknown sources on
- Download the MyCap v1.8.1 Android APK